Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #168
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
By "newly-synced" are you talking about books you have just bought or ones that have been archived and you downloaded again? For me, new books always appear on the home screen after a sync. But, downloading an archived book doesn't change where it is in the Recent Reads list. To me this isn't a bug but a design choice. Someone had to decide if the right place in the order for this book is when it was originally added (or last read before archiving) or when it is downloaded again. Me, I can see reasons for both decisions though I'm not sure if they have made the right choice.
Lots to unpack there:

- I mean books I've bought maybe a day or two earlier, but haven't downloaded through the wifi sync process. In this specific case, I downloaded the books to my PC (so I could fine-tune the cover XHTML and the titles) and USB-copied 'em to the device, then wifi-synced so I could move the Kepubs from "bookmarked" to "purchased" in my cloud library.

- The home screen carousel didn't change at all, nor did the top of the Recent Reads sequence. Perhaps this is an artifact of the Kepubs' purchase timestamp being earlier than the USB transfer time or the OS timestamp.

- Either way, the result was not what I expected to see; I expected that the newest content loaded onto the device (in this case, the wifi downloads) would appear on the home carousel and at the top of Recent Reads. I did not expect purchase time to make a difference; when I first set up the Glo and did my first wifi sync on that device, Recent Reads paid no attention to purchase date or the last-read date.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote