View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #264
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dito View Post
Heres the pic http://puu.sh/2ppIH

Also, this may not have anything to do with this problem but maybe its remotely connected : when I type shutdown in the console on this pic it doesnt go to shutdown, it does not recognize the command
Thanks for the picture!

It unfortunately seems like you are using a CD or DVD drive which is not supported by Kubrick (or, more specifically, by the Kernel used). Can you give some more information about your configuration? I.e., what CD or DVD drive is it (exact make and model), how is it "attached" to the system (IDE, USB, S-ATA...), etc. ?

In case you're confused: note that saying "the drive is not supported" while the system clearly booted from it is not a contradiction. Your BIOS managed to detect the device and load the initial ramdisk, but the Linux kernel doesn't seem to recognize your drive. This is why it's important to know as much information as possible about the drive - maybe I missed some kernel configuration options, or maybe it really isn't supported. In any case, your input would be very helpful.

That said... I guess that your only option for now is to either try on a different computer, or - if you have a USB stick to spare and your computer can boot from USB - to try with a USB stick.

Regarding "shutdown": yeah, my bad. The correct command is "poweroff"
Thanks for pointing it out - I'll fix it in the next version (which will hopefully also support your CD drive... if possible).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote