View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
The program you're talking about sounds really interesting and is also signaled on the website that I mentioned (yWriter: http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5_Download.html) which is free though.
Hi Arios,

Yes, I tried yWriter a few years ago. Scrivener is a richer experience all round, I think, but you get what you pay for, as they say!

Another alternative if you want to take the Cloud route is to use Scriptito, a basic Scrivener clone, which is free for up to 5 projects at a time. Again, it's not as fully-featured as Scrivener but covers the basics pretty well (storyboard, chapter outlining, research clippings).

The big advantage with Scriptito, of course, is that it's available for you wherever you have an internet connection and a browser. The disadvantage, equally, is that it's not currently available offline, though they're working on adding that.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote