View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #34
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Gentlemen,
and indeed you are.
What a great discussion. Not 1 mention of haters or other such spiteful terms.

Instead a sensible argument on merits, on desires, on experience.

I am going to get a chromebook, but I have never been an early adopter. It goes to my main business sense which is supplying very reliable control systems for processes and production. I want the equipment to be shaken out, to be proven. Only if directed to do so despite my cautions, will I put in the very latest, and then a note will be made in the proposal and contract.
But in the next 1 to 3 years, I will get a chromebook. It will not replace my company Windows machine. It will not replace several other personal machines that are running well. It will replace a net-book that didn't work out. In time I think that it may replace one or more of the personal Windows machines as I proof out my first test model.

As for bicycles and autos, I have both. I also have horses, and for 3 to 4 years I owned first a ultralight craft, and then a 4 seater plane, and it was fun, but I got that out of my system. I have canoes, rubber and other. I have river and ocean kayaks. I have owed power boats, both fishing and recreation for lake, waterways and ocean. I even still have a small sailboat.

Some of these types of fun items are very expensive, and I have settled on my wife's horses as my one whimsical and very expensive transportation system.

Her argument was very impressive!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote