Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #268
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Adding my own data points in...

I got my Glo very recently (last week), and it's got the blue-tinted light. My bedroom is pitch-black, to the point that power lights and my alarm clock are significant light sources, and I've been fine reading on the lowest level, but I do wish I could dim it a little more. My battery life has been good, like my Touch or better, but I haven't had time to give it a real workout yet. I also power-off instead of sleeping, but I do have auto-power-off and auto-sleep settings configured. (It's either "sleep after 5 minutes, off after 10" or 10/15.)
Thanks for sharing.

Turning you device off instead of sleeping in between reading sessions will get you good battery life. The problem occurs during sleep mode – so it's not surprising you're not having any problems. Then again, you might be one of the lucky many who can sleep their Glo all they want with no extra battery drain.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote