View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
cakiran
cakiran began at the beginning.

Device: Bluefire reader, samsung galaxy s3
It worked. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
This is only tested against Python 2.7. Python 3.3 contains many changes, so it may or may not work--you're on your own for that.

You only need epubsplit.py and BeautifulSoup.py from the epubsplit source repository. (I mistyped when I wrote epubmerger.py--sorry.) Put them in the directory you plan to run them from. (I don't know how you'd go about adding a python script to your path or anything like that.)

Run 'python epubsplit.py' to get the CLI options.

Run 'python epubsplit.py input.epub' to get a list of split point 'lines' in the source epub. Each 'line' is equivalent to the lines presented in the plugin GUI.

To do the actual split, run 'python epubsplit.py -o output.epub input.epub 0 1 2' for example, to split off the first 3 lines.

I was able to do this using python 2.7.2 and it worked fine for a single book i tried just now. I will wrap this into a batch file or a .net exe and see how it works with other epubs.
Thanks so much.

One more question which is quite unrelated to this issue but related to epubs. Is there any easy way to find out the total number of pages of a epub?
cakiran is offline   Reply With Quote