View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #42
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpin View Post
Any reason not to add:

-A wlan-in -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

to fw-base.txt (i.e., added-bbb-*.txt) to allow in-bound ssh over wifi?

Note: I've populated authorized_keys and added

PasswordAuthentication no

to /mnt/us/usbnet/etc/sshd_config so I'm pretty comfortable with it my case. I'm happy to patch the file for myself each time I update it but thought I'd mention it. I find it much more convenient to ssh over wifi than ssh over usb. I don't want to lose this ability in order to gain BBB coverage.
The rule-set is in end-user writable space so they can get their mitts on it.

There will be a button that handles the firewall rules (inbound), the modules (as required), and starting a service (like sshd on one off the interfaces) - Some Day - RSN.

But if you want to diddle with the rule-set - - feel free.
I just ask that you don't change the linked-table structure I have setup.
That is required so, for example, the proper place to insert a newly allowed in-bound service is rule #1 of the interface input chain the service is to be allowed on.

You seem to follow the structure - wlan-in rule #1 is the place to put it - just like you did.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote