View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #23778
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I suspect Americans have similar problems with English understatement and self-deprecation.
I have quite a bit of experience talking with folk in various parts of the British Isles. It is quite entertaining, esply with the words that are pronounced/spelled exactly the same way, but have wildly different meanings...I'll never forget the first time some one told me they were heading to the store to buy some "fags" is a more tame example.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote