View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #15642
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The series is a great read for anyone who hasn't read it. It is a great reread for those who have. Shogun grabs you from the beginning. My only complaints with Shogun were minor compared to the story. The book is loosly based on actual events and I wish he had not changed the names. It is similar to reading a historical fiction based on the American Revolutionary War and having the historical character's names changed. George Washing changed to Horace Wallingford for example. If I did not know the history behind the book it would not bother me.

Apache
It's fun reading in while sitting over the moat on the grounds of Osaka Castle, looking up from time to time imagining the people moving through the twisting turns of the walkway leading from the big gates (or what remains of the big gates, anyway.)

The entire 9-hour mini-series is available on YouTube. Nice to see it without commercials!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OsakaJo1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	101230  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-14-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote