View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
0x55
userdefined
0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
When Kobos were first rolled out at Powell's, they had a staffed kiosk at the Burnside store. I asked the rep for specifics about how Powell's was "supported," but he didn't seem to want to discuss this. There was an implication that the amount varied, and that discount codes radically reduced the share, but no substantial answer.

Speaking of Powell's, I've been wondering why their website isn't better integrated with Kobo's. When Powell's was selling ebooks via Google, the experience was seamless. Now, there's no link between Powell's and Kobo at the individual book level. Signing in at kobobooks.com shows a Powell's Books banner, which is cool, but you take it on faith that Powell's is supported.

Assuming website integration is even in development, there are certainly lots of technical hurdles to overcome. As a dedicated Powell's customer who's almost fully converted to e-reading, I'd really like to buy from the Powell's site – it's much more appealing than Kobo's. But since Powell's has effectively outsourced ebook sales to Kobo (understandable given Google's move and Nook/Kindle dominance), which website I'm on just warm fuzzy loyalty.
0x55 is offline   Reply With Quote