View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #37
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Thanks, Timoleon! I hope you enjoy the whole series.

Tirsales, not sure what you were asking, re formats. I'm going from Word to all the ebook formats I have time to manage. (And actually, these three books all started as WordStar files, so converting cleanly to Word had its pitfalls.)

I found that Mobi Creator trashes vertical spacing unless you perform the right incantation. Eventually I stumbled across exporting from Word to "compact html" (using a plugin in Word 2000) and using that as a starting point, and that got around that problem. But adding metadata was another problem area, which I only learned the solution to last night when someone in an email told me you have to hit Update after every single field you enter in the metadata screen. Actually, most of the problems I had in Mobi Creator could have been solved early by decent Help files. (Though I gave up on creating a ToC when I discovered that Word styles don't survive the conversion--so a heading style, for example, would lose centering and bold format. I finally took all the styles out, which consumed another hour or two.)

I could go on, but I won't.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote