View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I can see what some are saying as far as some books being remaindered i.e. books sold at a loss in order to clear space for new stock, but I imagine the average publisher doesn't make that clear in their advertisement of the product. That might be part of the problem too. That the average buyer doesn't know that fact and just sees that the ebook is selling for more than the paper copy. And sometimes you see books sold in stores (like Wal-Mart) for say $15.00 and then you see an ebook copy of the same book for$25.00 and you are left wondering why they are trying to get so much more for the ebook copy. Part of that is psychological I think too. We don't mind the $15.00 for a hard copy edition of a book because we can feel the weight of the book and the texture of the paper, but all that is missing with an ebook. The only weight is that of the reader and likewise the only texture is the feel of the casing of said reader. So on an unconscious level we feel the book is worth less and should be at a lower price.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote