Thread: Troubleshooting Audible account and Amazon account
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #15
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's better to keep the card unlink from your bank account. The idea is if it compromised your real card and bank are safe. You also don't load large amounts on it either.

The great thing about the Walmart Money Card is you can reload it at any Walmart for $3 or buy a moneypak. Also any place like Walgreens, gas stations...etc that has Green Dot cards. It's usually $4.95 to reload there though.

It works anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. (depending on which brand you choose.) I use this card to buy 300 books, one and a time and never had it flagged or shut off.
Security is an important consideration, though to transfer money from a linked bank account or credit card, someone would need your online account ID and password. With only the card number and CVV, or the physical card, they could only take what you had put on the card.

The cards from American Express also let you add money using Green Dot MoneyPak, and I believe that the American Express-Walmart card lets you add money at Walmart. (I pay little attention to Walmart since there has never been a Walmart near any place I have ever lived.) American Express isn't as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard, though it's obviously accepted by Audible, and most online retailers.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote