View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #73
GabiAPF
GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.GabiAPF can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 3.3
Question Kite + kindlepdfviewer broke my Kindle?

I need some help, please!

I downloaded kite from this thread and installed update_kite_k3w-3.2.1_install on my Kindle 3.3. After the update, my Kindle seemed to work normally.

Then I installed kindlepdfviewer following the instructions on this thread (for Kite): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047

I then opened KPDFViewer File Manager, then chose a PDF file and I was presented with 2 options. I chose PDFReader.

Then I clicked on Menu, and a strange series of letters and numbers appeared at the top and bottom of my Kindle screen. I tried clicking Back and it said I was already at the beginning of the document. I clicked Home, and nothing happened.

Then I decided to reset my Kindle. The screen went blank and it has not recovered since then. My computer doesn't even recognize it anymore. If I reset again, the screen blinks and goes white again. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited by GabiAPF; 01-05-2013 at 08:58 AM.
GabiAPF is offline   Reply With Quote