Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
mld
mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mld , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch
Well, I dicovered that I received an authentic 1.9.11 for Christmas last year.

So the 2.3.1 was a bunch of trouble for me too. Should I bring to court Kobo or will they replace our 1.9.11 defective unit they pushed on the market? I know a few lawyers that may like to make a group action against a manafucturer fearful to call official recalls when needed?

Anyway, I managed to fool the unit to believe that I was running 2.1.0 and I poked in the upgrade for 2.2.0 into the .kobo directory. My Bookmarking is back to a friendly behavior. Version is now set to 4.9.9 for safety. I use exclusively epub format.

The Latest Kobo Desktop did not like an 4.9.9 entry at the version number or try to call a function that is not available on the 2.2.0 reader. I do not really care anymore. So, I am at the crossroad of finding a workaround to Kobo desktop, I think Adobe is the widely used solution.

What a waste of customers' time!

Doing software right is a challenge when you chase too many rabbits (feature requests).
mld is offline   Reply With Quote