View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #421
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
bold mine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stino View Post
First I not even realized that 5.3.1 was installed and fonts were still working. Than I copy a new font family to /mnt/us/fonts and restart my device because I assume new fonts are only detected during starting. But after restart all personal fonts were gone. So I delete the new font family only and do again a restart, but fonts were still gone. Than I try to start the coolreader without success and realized that the jailbreak were not working anymore? Now I checked the firmware version and see that amazon updated it from 5.3.0 to 5.3.1 without asking me. So I try the ";fc-cache" command, than I reboot, nothing. Again this ";fc-cache" command and wait 12 minutes (no automatic reboot happen?) and again I reboot, and again no personal fonts working.

Now I reinstall the jailbreak with all needed steps(a few reboots) and get my coolreader back to running, but the standard reader still not uses personal fonts. Finally I install the JBPatch together with font size hack and after another reboot, I saw all my fonts in "Aa" menu and was happy. I guess the are working now because of the JBPatch. That seems to fix something. For sure I did more than enough reboots. For each font at least one.
It is definately not the JBPatch. I just tried it out on a jailbroken 5.3.1 that other than the jailbreak itself only ever had (and has) jailbreak, kindlet jailbreak, developer certificates, and Collection Manager installed. JBPatch never touched that one, but after copying USE_ALT_FONTS file and a restart, it does show now the extended list of fonts (nothing in fonts/ folder itself though did not create that).

So still not clear to me what all is needed for it to work on 5.3.1.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote