The exact steps that worked on my Glo (2.1.5):
- Power down device, remove SD if used, power back up
- Connect to computer, have a normal epub on device (not SD)
- Install koboplugins.ini & Kobo.tgz to .kobo directory
- Eject device from computer
- Power down, then power back up
- Open epub from library view, page through a few pages
- Reading menu should now show progress bar unless disabled in .ini
- Go to home screen, insert SD (if used), wait for library to load
- Enjoy plugin!
Tips from experience and helpful posts:
- The test-12-11-14.zip file should be unzipped to Kobo.tgz only, not fully uncompressed.
- To tweak plugin settings, the SD card has to be unmounted throughout the process (as above).
- A full shut-down unloads the plugin, so consider setting Power to "Never."