View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #22328
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,
So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxKGDumNZDQ )

Good morning, all! I'm getting in the mood! I'm sitting here with a mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, a bowl of rice with just a wee bit of steamed Chinese sausage cut into it for flavor, and a plate of pickled daikon! Healthy and less than 300 calories!

To me, December is about hearing the Little Drummer Boy in every store I enter... and I love it! I've been working out a good way to play it so I can teach it to my Senior students in a week or two. The Japanese LOVE to sing together, so I'm going to teach them the words to 3-4 English language songs. They already know the tunes. I've chosen 'Little Drummer Boy,' 'Silent Night,' 'Amazing Grace,' and 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' One week to go over the words and meanings of the songs, then the next week we'll sing them. Knowing how the Japanese work, several of them will take the songs home and translate them into Japanese so they will better understand them. I can't wait to see how they handle 'twas Grace that taught my heart to fear...' I still have trouble with it. Glad I wasn't born Christian or I'd never passed of Sunday School! Hey! VydorScope... I could use some hints on how to explain this to them, if you don't mind.

One more cup of tea, and then it's off to take some more pictures of Kyoto's mountain side. The red Maples may be past their prime, but on yesterday's walk I decided that the rest of the trees are just about perfect. I'd rate them a .9 Helen! (Paul... it took me 20 minutes to get that...)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote