Originally Posted by bo_bos
I have just purchased my first tablet/e-reader of any kind. I go with the Kobo Arc and am a little frustrated at the moment.
1. How can I delete the Discovery Bar? I don't care what you have to say...put it in the Reading Tapestry if you must. It is wasting nice screen space.
2. Why is does my home screen not rotate? The auto rotate is on. (It is working in the free free preview of the Start Trek book).
3. Where can I get this sleep cover that is mentioned on the Kobo Website? Is this product even made? I can't find it on anywhere. In fact finding a cover for the Arc isi proving to be very difficult. I purchased one that the Vox uses thinking it would work because it is the same size. Needless to say I don't like the fit on the cover.
4. Why did the owner's manual download but I couldn't open it? I had to email it to myself to use. What is the point of having an Arc then?
I haven't even downloaded or explored any of the books yet and I have several questions. This has me concerned because I did a lot of research on which product to use before settling on the Arc. I hope it gets better because right now I am really frustrated at the lack of products/information available on how to use it and its general use.
1. Discovery can not be disabled. It is a part of the Tapestry experience . The more you pin the better the experience is. We are also doing everything we can to make the experience better everyday.
2. We locked the Tapestry experience to insure that your tapestries will stay exactly how you like them. Try rotating the screen on other tablets after setting a page up. The experience is not very good. Everything gets stretched and or compressed depending on quick layout you are changing to.
3. Sleep covers are coming. They sell out really fast. I can't even get one.
4. The owners manual is a PDF file I believe. We couldn't pre-load a PDF reader. I'm no more happy about that than you ;-)
I hope that helps.