View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #87
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
For a long time, the variety of third-party software available for Windows was so much superior to what one could find for Apple. There are many valuable apps that I grew accustomed to that simply didn't have Apple equivalents, or any Apple counterparts were inferior -- for example MP3Gain and Lotus Organizer. Even in terms of Photoshop plugins, it seems like there was much more variety for the Windows platform than Apple, even though Photoshop was originally designed for the Mac.

The disparity may not be as great today, but it was pretty huge for a long time. And this is why I always stuck with Windows. As a result, I am vastly more familiar with it. For troubleshooting, customizing, and simply utilization, Windows is now second nature, and therefore it's just far easier and convenient not to have to learn a whole new system that doesn't offer any clear advantages. I suspect this is true with a lot of folks who grew up mostly on Windows. As such, Windows will always have a very huge user base for this reason alone.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 11-24-2012 at 08:24 AM.