View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #83
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
The problem is that the virus programs themselves are a problem. They frequently annoy you by announcing updates and bragging about what they are doing. Plus there are problems with low initial prices and high renewal rates.
Apple computers don't announce updates on software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Windows 8 is secure by default, with an anti-virus that is unnoticeable. However, even that can cause people problems because users will feel a need to read various opinion articles pro and con on whether the free anti-virus is good (I believe it is). Even Microsoft's documentation on this question is confusing, perhaps because of anti-trust fears over what happens if they destroy the anti-virus industry.

Windows 7 also has free Microsoft anti-virus, but not by default, and Microsoft calls it a different name. To me, figuring this stuff out is part of my computer hobby, but to someone who wants an easy to use consumer product rather than a puzzle, Apple must be easier.
Someone who wants an easy to use consumer product won't feel a need to read articles on AV programs.