View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #21439
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
...The computer I'm using started life using Windows 95. Since then I've changed the motherboard, one of the internal drives, the video card (just recently) and added memory and a USB-3 card. I finally upgraded it to WinXP a couple of years ago. Perhaps you need the name of my Hearing Aid company?

Stitchawl
Got a pair, thanks! The problem is that none of my other goodies seem affected, just the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
When installing the Windows operating system, the user is prompted to provide a name for the computer. I wonder how many people have named their computers 'Hal'? Since Win 3.5, mine have always been 'Hal.'

Stitchawl
Back in 1902 I believe it was when I was first starting with desktops (severely underpowered Packard-Bells running Windows 3.1), I substituted clips of HAL's best lines for some of the stock sounds in my AOL software. That would have been my second desktop. My first had no speakers or soundboard.

HAL should have received a commendation for his actions. Even though he was only an AI, he bravely attempted to continue the original mission alone after all his shipmates were dead. Well, except for Bowman, of course. But he was locked out of the ship.

Now that's dedication. What a guy!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote