View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I find this a confusing mish-mash of individual stories with a very thin thread to tie them together. I too feel this book did not deserve to win an award. After reading this, it definitely did not belong in the SF month. It's not even fantasy. It's just convoluted fiction. In one story, the previous story was a submission to a publisher to be printed as a book. But it could have been any story submitted as the previous story had nothing to do with the previous story otherwise. Also, the threads that combined the stories are very weak. These could easily have been standalone stories.

As for the movie, I'll wait to borrow the DVD from the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote