View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i would like to heartily second this proposition. i also am very frustrated by the lack of content (french publishers are not on the train either, although i hope that will change soon).

when i discover that a book i want to read is not available in e-format, i always write an email to the publisher as well, and i think that is definitely the best way to try to influence them : that way, 1. if we don't buy the book, they know why. 2. they cannot claim there is no interest in e-books, because the public is writing to them specifically to ask.

an interesting point : i read somewhere that companies generally consider that the majority of the population is too lazy to bother to write, so each letter you write is counted as the opinion of 7 people, 6 of whom haven't spoken up (or something... can't remember how many they said, exactly. and 80% of all statistics are made up on the spot anyway. ). talk about having some influence !

i think it is important to remember to stay polite and cordial in the letter ; no need to be aggressive. some publishers clearly are very worried by ebooks and we don't want to frighten them off.

haridasi, i think your email is very good, but perhaps you could add a line or two saying something like "for the following reasons, I prefer ebooks, and have decided to make ebooks my priority purchases from now on" and then you could mention one or two things that make ebooks great in your opinion (convenience, space-saving, ecological, whatever.). this way perhaps publishers who are ambivalent will begin to see the advantages.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote