View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #37
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm curious. A question for those who never re-read: do you also never listen to a piece of music more than once? If you do, what's the difference with a book?
I listen to music over and over but very rarely re-read.

Me reading a book only once is related to how much I can consume in a space of time and how much I would like to consume. I'm a long way from even reading all the books I have on my bookshelf without even considering the electronic books I have in my collection. And I want to eventually read all of them.

Music for me is a bit different. I love music - and I write my own music. However, because it takes a relatively short time to consume an individual piece it's quite easy to consume all the music I have and experience that music many times.

There's a few power readers who can consume books quite quickly. That would work well for me as I'd love to revisit some books.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote