View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #179
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
For most people, lack of ability to share or give away a purchase *drastically* lowers the value, enough that whatever perqs it might contain are almost irrelevant.
I think a relatively small group THINKS that it lowers the value for many. I think the many rarely care or notice, or at worst, it's a tiny inconvenience overwhelmed by the value they get.
I offer as evidence the huge continued success of Amazon's Kindle and the ebook market in general.

Anecdotally, I have heard people raise their eyebrows and say "Oh really?" when they realize they can't resell or give away ebooks. I have never heard one of them then say "Oh, then I will stop wasting my money on them and go back to paperbacks!"

But, really, you and I arguing in a general thread is distracting. I agree with you on most end points, just not on matters of degree or rationale.

We should start a 'subtle distinction' thread.

Last edited by ApK; 11-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote