View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo Coming To U.S. Independent Book Stores - Next Week?

My local Independent Book Store Alliance website is now advertising Kobo's e-readers, and provided a list of five book stores in the St. Louis area who will be stocking Kobo units. I spoke to two of them, who both said they expected to have units to sell some time next week.

I was surprised, as I really only expected one large independent in the area to be willing to take on the gamble of carrying high end items like e-readers or tablets. My guess is Kobo must be offering them a pretty attractive/low-risk buy-in and I'm happy to see Kobo taking independent book stores seriously.

So, if you are in the U.S. and still holding out for a Glow or Mini and you have a local independent book store, you may want to give them a check. (No, pun intended)
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote