View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #111
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I was referring to exactly identical words, including the case.

I wish I were able to be more specific. I add them, then I go down the document and there they are again. I just opened the document I attached earlier to chapter 4, added Weighill and then close and open up again and it is still there. I opened up the preferences to the user list and it is empty. YIKE.
Do you have permission to write in that directory/file? I just did exactly what you said and it works (on Ubuntu). I wonder if any of your settings are being saved.

Can you go to Preferences and click Open Preferences Location (in the bottom left) and reconfirm the full path of what directory is opened.

Can you then try to create a file (e.g. test.txt) and see if you are allowed?

Can you then go to Spellcheck Dictionaries in Preferences and click on Open Dictionary Location and reconfirm the full path of the directory. (Note that this is the location of the hunspell dictionaries - NOT your user dictionaries, but I'm just interested in whether it opens ok).

Can you then go into the directory "user_dictionaries" in the directory found with OPen Preferences Location and see if you have a file "default" there - this should be your dictionary.

Can you close Sigil, open "default" with a text editor and see if it contains your words - and then close it without saving.

Start Sigil, add a word to the dictionary in Sigil, then exit, and then look at "default" again to see if its there.

Thanks for persevering - and for your comments/bug reports. Even without details on some of them we've already fixed a few issues. I know its not what you want to be doing, but we do appreciate it - even if you keep coming back after we say it works fine for us