View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #99
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I love my Kindle and I don't have a major issue with my Kindle and access, however, having said that, I don't turn on my WiFi all the time and to Apache's comment: Ditto and Amen!

I paid for these books in whatever format, they are mine so if today it is Kindle and tomorrow something else, my library stays with me.
Pragmatic, fair enough. Problem is by contract you're not buying the book, you're paying for the license to read it in their ecosystem (1. Kindle Content, Use of Kindle Content):
[...] Kindle Content is licensed, not sold, to you by the Content Provider. [...]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201014950

I'm not sure what it came down to in a case in court regarding fair use vs. those conditions, but that's what you signed up for.
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote