View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #171
engnrd
blargh
engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Yay, yay, yay, I got this working on my Paper White! Thank you, ixtab!

My only confusion when installing came from this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes, you'll need the usbnetworking running so you can manually install the rest of the stuff.
which made me think I would need to figure out how SSH works again. I haven't used it since college, and I remember... nothing. Is usbnetworking still needed for this? Once I actually unpacked the developer certificates zip and read the read me and found out it was packaged as just an update .bin file, things got a lot simpler. I have usbnetworking installed now, and everything is working, and I was probably better off reading all the extra stuff anyways, I'm just curious if things had changed during development to make it no longer necessary?
engnrd is offline   Reply With Quote