View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuden View Post
As a person who has a stake in this (I have a Sony PRS 505), I'm curious to hear people's opinions about which of the top two readers is the more likely to eventually capture/dominate the market. Will Amazon's "bookstore status" give it the upper hand? Will Sony win people over with its simplicity/elegance?

Also, which company do you think is more committed to its product?
I can honestly say I don't care who dominates the market. Perhaps Sony will take over the market outside of the US, and Amazon will dominate inside of the US. As long as there is a good source of books available for my Kindle, I don't much care about market shares.

I like to think that Amazon will continue to support the Kindle over the long term ... because then they can sell me lots of books. Whether they decide to support epub or pdf is not something I am concerned with. If I decide to read pdf on something other than my tablet pc, then it will still be something with a larger screen than most ebook readers. I don't really like the idea of having to pan and zoom all over the place to read pdf anyway.

I don't hold Sony in high respect anymore, and I've already stated my opinions on their support team, so there's not much point in stating them again. And, since I don't own a Sony reader and I doubt I will ever purchase one, what they do or don't do with features is of no interest to me.

But, you all have a good time debating the topic into the ground for what seems like the umpteenth time.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote