View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 AM   #143
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I guess it will be out of scope, since coolreader for the Kindle is standing on the shoulders of giants - i.e. the CRengine (it is also used in kindlepdfviewer, thus I know it a bit). That again uses the antiword engine to read those files. And this does only "classic" DOC/RTF. The newer formats like docx and odt are quite a bit different.

Then, "better than X because it is generated by Y" is not really an argument, but more "politics". You certainly know that OpenOffice/LibreOffice will also happily create DOC, right? It's not their native format, that's right.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote