View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
It depends on how it is handled. I have thought for a long time that ebooks would work best as another step on the hardcover -> paperback ladder. So, a book would come out in hardcover for $18-30, then be released a year or so later in paperback for $7-15, and then another year or so later as an ebook for $3-7.

This would ease concerns about ebooks cannibalizing the pbook purchases, and builds in the discount model that many ebook consumers are expecting.

Otherwise, I am not one of those that must buy/read a book the moment it is released, or at least I have not been for a long time. I was when I was younger, and I would start a series before it was completed, then count the days until the next one arrived, but only with series books. Now, I have been so annoyed by various series where one book is not available as an ebook (or not in the right format), that I do not start a series unless I already know it is complete in a convenient format. In that view, specific release dates become insignificant.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote