View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #103
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Issues with firmware 3.4 and USBNetwork Hack 0.43N

I just performed a fresh install of firmware 3.4 and even though I had no trouble installing it, I am now stuck on the Software Update screen upon trying to install USBNetwork Hack 0.43N (latest one out). Now I am stuck deciding on doing nothing for as long as possible or hard resetting and trying again. Although, I've never had a frozen error such as this, so I'm worried it'll screw up other things (the writing on the screen say not to turn off).

When initially installing Kindle 3.4 on my Kindle 3G US I originally tried just installing on top of all of my customizations and installed hacks, which included the USBNetwork Hack 0.43N, and the latest Jailbreak, 0.11, and while both hacks installed fine, the firmware update did not. As such, I uninstalled all my hacks and customizations and factory reset my Kindle before updating the firmware. After doing this, the firmware installed without issues, along with the JB Hack, the Font Hack, and several other ones. However, now on this one, it just won't work.

Can anybody help? Is it ok to just hard reset? Will it even work? I've had unsuccessful updates of stuff before using this method, but never a frozen one. It makes me wonder if the already-installed USBNetwork Hack 0.43N was the cause of why firmware 3.4 didn't work before when trying to update/install it over all my customizations and hacks.

Read below...I think this fixed itself via hard resetting and trying again.

Last edited by inameiname; 10-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote