Thank you all for your comments, both by email and on this thread.
Between what you have told me and my own continued testing, a few problems in content server integration were found and fixed:
- The generated path for a downloaded book could exceed the windows maximum.
- The generated path could contain illegal characters such as slashes. @CWatkinsNash: could this account for the crash you had?
- Authors in the lists were separated by semicolons instead of the "calibre" ampersands
- cancelling a download could sometimes produce strange behavior.
And not related to the content server integration but found during the tests: some epub book scanning problems:
- series was almost always ignored when generating metadata for a scanned book
- author sort was sometimes ignored when generating metadata.
- bizarre OPFs in epubs might have authors listed twice, which confused scanning.
- force metadata management to automatic for wireless device connections (in calibre 0.9.1).
My guess is that the CS integration will be generally released on Friday 5/Oct as CC version 2.3. We will skip 2.2 so that you testers will get the new version automatically from google play. Please don't hesitate to post comments between now and then.
Thank you all again.