View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #9
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Well, they use a quite complicated algorithm for compressing the text, so making an automatic extractor is not easy. I did, however, find a way to disable the three-page check for text copying and extracted it all (sans notes).
Nice! I was curious and took a look at this, but don't have a commercial disassembler right now so mostly just kind of realized it was pretty complicated, what with the format apparently allowing for additional glyphs not in the IBM437 codepage (!?!). This is why Project Gutenberg is so adamant about text files...

One minor thing: you might want to dump the text for Patricia again, turning on the (n)otes first, as they are part of the source text. I managed to dump the whole thing by using dosbox+xnee to automate dumping one screen at a time, and that did capture the notes once I turned them on. (I'd just post my version, but dumping one screen a time resulted in ambiguous breaks between the screen boundaries.)

-Marshall
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote