Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor
I am a professional marketer and here are a few suggestions:
1. Understand who your target audience is - your "perfect" customers
2. Find out where they gather online - forums, blogs they read, web sites they hang out on
3. Get conversion tracking in place so you know where each sale comes from (Do NOT skip this step)
4. Buy advertising on these sites or ask the blog owner if they would review your ebook
5. Build a list of your readers on your own web site so that you can tell them when you have new releases. Let them subscribe via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
I do think I know what you are talking about. Problem is, most of us non-professional writers have our own profession that makes us a living, maybe a family to take care of, certainly more than a few practical matters that need our attention, and finally we need time to write. Research on the market and do stuff like conversion tracking? Very unlikely, really. But yes, we know you are right. *sigh*