Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #722
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'm probably missing as usual. I read from the front thread and read back from here.
I'll read some more

Do you mean As in... installing patches. Because I have this mixed up it seems.

### ON THE COMPUTER:
scp com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.fontsize.jar root@kindle:/mnt/us/opt/jbpatch/com....ize.jar.jbpatch

### ON THE KINDLE:
[root@kindle jbpatch]# pwd
/mnt/us/opt/jbpatch
[root@kindle jbpatch]# echo com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.fontsize.jar.jbpatch >> CONFIG.TXT
[root@kindle jbpatch]# killall cvm; tail -f /tmp/jbpatch.log

? Sorta thing?

Brain failing to absorb...

I'll just completely remove jbpatch and start again.
Woohoo! Now that is *really* mixed up. Where did you even get these instructions from? That was for a way outdated version, and should not be officially documented like that anywhere anymore.

Just copy the file to opt/jbpatch and restart - as explained here.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote