View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #154
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Picture - if you can - my tongue quite firmly planted in my cheek as I wrote that.

As for books that I have purchased, I read all of them. If I buy them, I have established that I will like them. I have on occasion looked at free eBooks, and there I will discontinue reading if they do not appeal to me. I have also been "gifted" books that I did not finish reading, but not once have I purchased one and not read it.
So there is a line above free but below "a lot" of money where you feel the book needs to be read because of the investment? Sometimes I buy a lot of books for 50 cents each and I must confess to not getting to all of them, although unread books will stay on my shelf for awhile and I usually get around to at least glancing at them.

With enough time I would be expected to read every book, am I meant to also pay for every book?

Perhaps great literature cannot be written if the author is concerned with compensation, we just don't know.