View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #143
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
Are the dictionaries localised at all? Am I in the UK going to be stuck with a US English dictionary or can I get a British English one for my still-very-much-considering-pre-ordering Kobo Glo?
Despite quite a lot of discussion about your question, I don't think I actually saw an answer in there anywhere. But no, there's just one English dictionary in the Kobo firmware, and it'll probably be either American or International English. Though I must say, I've looked up quite a lot of archaic (UK) English words and I've only come across one in almost a year's use that wasn't in the dictionary. So unless you're planning to read olde English books or something from a very vocabularily intelligent author, I think you should be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Actually, it's currently Spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsj View Post
Hey, I'm not bragging about reading "Blood Meridian"... after all, I had to look up over a hundred words - definitely not saying I'm some kind of rad linguist. It's just obnoxious when someone comes along and makes a comment like "... a dictionary is rarely useful if you're not entirely new to reading in your own language". Speak for yourself. I, and many others, find a dictionary (and in my own language) incredibly useful.
Yes, me too.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote