Thread: Tolkien ebooks?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf View Post
I have to confess that I've never read them. I have a copy of the trilogy, in a single, voluminous tome that sits menacingly on my bookshelf. Every time I've gone to read I've picked it up and the sheer size and weight of it has scared me off. Someday though...
It took me a bit of doing when I first read LoTR many years ago. It starts slowly, and I had to push myself through the first hundred pages or so. After that, the pace picked up, and I finished the trilogy in a weekend. I've re-read it one a year or so since, and I find new things each time.

I'm one of the folks who spent as much time in the appendices as I did in the books, since I wanted the back story hinted at in the books, and I happily bought and read the Silmarillion to get it, as well as The Unfinished Tales and various of the annotated manuscripts his son has been producing.

I could even do passable Quenya calligraphy once upon a time, though I've quite lost my hand since.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote