View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
As a reader (I'm not a writer), I find that when there are more than 3 or 4 primary characters that I need to follow, the story becomes overly complex. I read novels for pleasure; when I read nonfiction, such as a biography, I expect a gazillion characters and thus my reading becomes slower and more intense. But when I read a novel, I do not want to have to exert that same effort and intensity as the biography requires.

Too many characters are like too many cooks -- the characters spoil the plot, the cooks spoil the broth.
Yeah, I am having that problem right now in my currently being written book (vol four) ... I think I might have to use Frahse plan and kill some main characters off... I think next book will revert back to 1-2 main chars...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote