View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #17
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I won't touch Audible. I use AudioBookStand.com and buy my audio books in MP3 format. I get the disk that I then have for backup, and I transfer to my MP3 players as many times as I want...no DRM on MP3's.
I won't touch Audible after this, you can be sure of that. I was tempted to try a membership, and when these free books became available, I thought it was a good way to see how it works. And it's just way, way more trouble than it's worth. I keep telling myself the books were free, I should be grateful; but I've wasted a lot of time at every single step of the process, and I've yet to be able to listen to one book.

Quote:
However, if you're a techie, there is a way to play the audio file while recording it with Audacity and then saving it as an MP3.
I'm not a techie, but I do know how to do that. However, I greedily downloaded all the free classics, and I don't want to have to devote some 300 hours to recording that much material.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote