View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #15
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidon View Post
But when I took the last two digits off the PID, cutting it from 10 digits to 8, as red_dragon's code suggested, it worked flawlessly. It came up with a message similar to the one above, listing my actual PID instead of the incorrect one, and then decoded the file.
The PID for a Windows PC often (always?) has a $ as the 8th character, and I think this is what is causing the problem. On a Mac (and Linux), but not under Windows, this may be replaced by some other character before the python script even sees its arguments. What actually gets changed is some string starting with $ and this probably does not happen if the $ is last, i.e. when using the new 8-character PID option. There have been reports of success using single quotes around the PID (double quotes don't work), see Mobipocket Decoder Tool, post 120 and subsequent posts. The makes sense because single quotes turns off the command line replacement of $.

Last edited by wallcraft; 07-26-2008 at 10:58 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote