View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Speaking as someone who owns and has tested several different readers, here I have to disagree. The Kobo by far is the worst user and tech support experience in the bunch. What exasperates most with Kobo is that frenquent updates only change the problems/quirks for a new set, moreso than resolve them.
Yes, it is true that there always seems to be a swapping of difficulties - one goes away but a new one appears!

I haven't had to deal with tech support (yet), but it seems to me that people compare Kobo - a relatively small outfit - with Kindle, with the might of Amazon behind them. This is unrealistic in my opinion, but then, as I am frequently told by people (including my wife) that I am the unrealistic one - I am an atypical user of technology that likes diagnosing and fixing (or working around) problems.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote