View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #31
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Just an interesting story I came across.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/wha...t-to-make.html

From what I've heard, for an extra $50 usd, they could be making these in America and helping our economy and job market considering we buy the most apple stuff here but hey, whatever.
When I was in manufactoring, waste disposal costs even for fully biodegradable materials alone exceeded the labor cost.

Add in the costs of over bearing building regulations and the move overseas was a no brainer.

Say we were bringing in new injection molding machines in the plastics department. The new machines were heavier than the floor could bear, so we had to tear up the old floor, re-do the plumbing, and lay a thicker slab with more rebar to support the weight. Waiting on mandated inspections made a five day job take six weeks. That is five additional weeks of down time we would not have had overseas.

At the end of the day job flight from the west is self inflicted.