Originally Posted by silver18
Thanks for pointing it out!
I was thinking about updating the guide and this is really the right time to do it.
1. flashing diags kernel works the same way as flashing the main kernel, isn't it?! I mean, the command is the same (apart from the different file name)?
2. you mean that main kernel version must match main partition version AND diag kernel version must match diag partition version (while main version could not necessary has the same version of diag)?
3. oook, this one is totally clear!
I just asked all these stuff to double check everything as the guide has LOTS of download and, while I can bear to mess up MY kindle, I don't want to mess up someone else's!
1. yes, almost. I don't have the tool around, but IIRC it's "fastboot flash diags_kernel <filename>" or so.
3. One more thing: it's also good to note that while all partition images seem to be gzipped, some kernels out there are gzipped, and some aren't. So a general statement along the lines of "if it ends with .gz, it should be unpacked first" should probably do.