View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #119
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
In English: apple is overcharging.
They aren't overcharging. They are charging what the market will bear. Apple must be extremely good at figuring out what prices the market will bear, as otherwise they wouldn't be the most financially successful company in the world.

I'd like Apple better if I thought it would result in another Bill and Milanda Gates Foundation. But even without that, I fail to see why Apple customers are more deserving of money than Apple stockholders. Given the big pension plan holdings in Apple stock (largely through index funds), I suspect Apple stockholders are less affluent than Apple device buyers, and better deserve the money.

Full disclosure is that I do participate in a S&P 500-invested pension plan, and I don't buy Apple products. So this post is pure self-interest
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote