View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
forcing the right version via flags. More dumb questions

I have a question, probably been asked before but I will ask it again as I didn't find the answer yet.

Looking on a binary that has been built with a later TC to attempt to run on the Kindle 3

We can see that this example here will have an issue...

root@kindle:root> readelf -s /mnt/us/usr/lib/libavformat.so.53 | grep "2\.7"
Quote:
113: 00000000 0 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT UND __isoc99_sscanf@GLIBC_2.7 (9)

so my question is threefold

a) what flags would cover - say - a case to convince the pre-processor to pull a 2.6 ver of isoc99_sscanf if we were to recompile it from source but with a Later TC.

b) how can I learn the general process thought process behind determining this to prevent asking dumb questions like this one

c) Is this a dumb question. ie. you just can't. or something else I didn't consider fully.

Also like to point out that __isoc99_sscanf@GLIBC_2.7 is just an example and I'm not actually atttempting to recompile that file. well, I am as it happens, but that is irrelevant to this question - which is one about general principles.

Thanks.

Last edited by twobob; 09-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote