View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
unfortunately todays release did not fix the issue for me.
I am running Calibre on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
I am not able to connect to this Mac.
Fortunately I have a second one still running OS X 10.7.5. The Android App can connect to this Mac no problem. So I think I can rule out router issues.
When I turn on the wireless device connection in Calibre on both Macs, the Android App actually detects both. Unfortunately connection to the 10.8 Mac is blocked somehow.

Is it possible that something in Mountain Lion is overzealous and tries to block the "evil" intruder from the outside here?
I don't own a mac so I can't say for certain, but it really sounds as if you have a firewall turned on that is blocking the connection. You might need to set a fixed port in calibre and permit that port through the firewall. Using a fixed port in calibre does not force you to enter that port in CC. If CC can "see" the machine and if the traffic can pass through the firewall, it should connect.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote